Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Meeting Rich Cho, the portland blazers new GM.

My body wanted to scream of excitement because its not very often we see an Asian, let alone a Burmese asian doing it big in the states. But instead of screaming I could only have a huge smile (with no teeth) on my face cause I'm in class doing this. Shame on me. I blogged about Rich before, but heres more..for the burmese/basketball/portland blazers fans out there. Jeremy Lin & Rich Cho....helllers, hellers, hellers (as said in madea simmons voice).

excerpt from article: "I understand that you and your parents emigrated from Burma, now called Myanmar, when you were very young. How has that experience shaped your career path or work ethic?

We came from Burma in 1968 when I was three years old. The first time I went back was six years ago, and it really made me feel even more grateful to have the opportunity to be educated and grow up in the States. Growing up, we didn’t have a lot of resources, and we struggled quite a bit. We were on food stamps for a long time, welfare. My dad worked the graveyard shift at 7-Eleven and my mom worked in a library and took an hour-long bus ride into work every day. Coming from a humble background made me not only hungry to succeed, but I also wanted to make my parents proud.

Check the link for more deets on the interview they did on Rich.
http://www.hyphenmagazine.com/blog/archive/2010/09/meet-rich-cho-portlands-newest-general-manager

No comments: