Tuesday, September 14, 2010

hallelujers, holla back.

We've(girls youthgroup) have been doin some biblical devo's (devotions) since we've gotten back from camp from which seemed like decades ago with the events going on in my life. And this week's devo was pretty doggone interesting.

excerpt from the article: "Faith seemed too judgmental, and if I heard one more preacher scream at me about the fire in hell, my eyes might have rolled out of my head. To make matters worse, some of the deepest wounds I had ever experienced came from within the walls of the church. So I thought maybe faith isn't for me."

It applies very well to me during countless struggles in my life. I always questioned "Why do I need to be listening to all these negative things about "faith". Having faith in this God that I love and adore is supposed to help me through the tough times, make me feel good, and not have me blisten in "hell" because i'm not doing this and that right? And at different points in time, I realized, thought about, and overanalyzed situations of what could hurt me the most and what gave me the deepest cuts in my heart, and that was the people whom I've grown up, kept around me till this day, and stand by me as I walk with God. Theres a reason for everything and that's why theyre still in my life at this point in time. It gets so discouraging to have to attend church every sunday and listen to negative things, things that point out our flaws and all..but i've come to realize that I wasn't perfect and nobody said life was easy and mos def our walks with God is never easy. But through my experiences, i've come to know that through everything, you let go, and LET GOD(just dont let go of both) and that FAITH IS for me.

No comments: