Thursday, September 30, 2010

hypocrite

I know many of my past blogs have been based on copying/pasting what i've seen and read and my blog was basically like some typical boring tumblr (speaking only of the ones that strictly copy and paste the same crap from others wit no sense of originality), which im totally against..not in reading but following the crowd into leaving blogpost to hop on tumblr. So i've tried to have my own og pieces so there would be more of a worth coming to my blog and seeing/ reading you have never seen or heard before. But there's just some things that just reach into your heart, make your mind go "ahh, makes so much sense..took the words right outta my head", and make you just want to share it with the world (in case they're were in the same boat). So here i am being a hypocrite talking about how tumblr (for the most part) is nothing but a bunch of copies and nothing with originals and will share with you what boggled my mind. Thank Goodness its not from tumblr (so you wont see it being passed around like herpes). Shoutout to the ones who've sticked to xanga, blogspot, wordpress, and anything other than tumblr. Here's a piece ...Courtesy of Jozen:

"I remember being all alone when I received the news one of my best friends, Trey, was killed in a car accident. I remember how I was relieved to receive the news alone in my apartment, that way I could allow myself just one good cry without the feeling of someone watching me get it all out. And I compare that feeling to the one I had when my sister called to tell me I would be an uncle. I was also alone then, and I felt so, just so lost. Of course I was through the roof with excitement, but have you ever been the only witness to something unbelievable? It’s like the feeling you get when you make a basket from 3/4 of the court with your eyes closed and no one is there to bear witness. The first thing you’re thinking is, Damn that was awesome and you’re running around with your arms held high. Then the “aw shucks” moment comes when you realize you’re only jumping into the arms of the air, and no one was around to witness your incredible shot.

Sharing bad news is intimate, but so is sharing good news. I love that you held me down whenever times were hard, but I definitely missed you when the times were good." -J.C.

an excerpt from an article about him talking about his past gf's and how its two different ball games when you share good/bad news with yourself and with them. Its all too true. I think in the end, its not you we miss so much, its your company.

No comments: