Monday, November 23, 2009

the odds.

my friend young mulah sent me this as some girl from her c-writing class wrote it about the richmond girl that got raped. its pretty crazy to what you expect from this..check it out.

about: "and she told me that she was watching the news, and this is when everyone had just found out about the Richmond High gang rape and she said that she couldn't believe that people walked by and didn't do anything so she decided to write a poem about a person who did. "

Me? I'm either too nervous to bleed or hurt and deceived more
I daydream about death cause I can't find a purpose to breathe for
I feel so hopeless I close my eyes and all I see is a trigger
chronic depression from being diseased, I'm in need of a liver
on top of a mountainside, gun in my mouth, yea I'm about to die
It's almost over, I hear a distant shout and cry
I should end my life now but I, have to wait til later in time
for someone might be going through a hurt that's greater than mine
out of the car, it's then I realize that as hollow it seems
my existence might be worth something, so I follow the screams
was always told not to wallow in dreams, but tonight's greater
I turn the corner, it's now or never, my chance to be a lifesaver
as guys rape her the fright shakes her, I'm scared to lose
two huge men, I'm only 5'8 when I'm wearing shoes
far as I'm concerned my shit is done, but you won't see this kid run
so I jump on the back of the biggest one
the other one threw me to the ground, I feel my face as it aches
still it gives this girl the opportunity she needs to make her escape
I'd give anything for her to live, I'd pass on if I must
and with that said, she vanishes instantly, gone in the dust
god if I just, could get away too, please hurry this shit
I don't know how much longer I can take this flurry of fists
they're furious, pissed, I cried and they slowed
taking off in their car, leaving me bleeding on the side of the road
I awake in a hospital room with a doctor clearly walking
looking in my eyes he inquires, "can you hear me talking?"
I told him I could, then I thought I saw him shiver
as he informed me, "a man here offered to give you a new liver...
... you see I wasn't gonna tell you, but I thought it better you knew...
... oh, and also, the man who donated it left a letter for you"

to my anonymous friend:

"I give you this as a gift, now you may just wonder
why I did, and it's because my days are numbered
be grateful from this moment, make sure your time is better
I hope you remember me, cause you'll be in my mind forever"

and then, on the page engraved like a potter...
it read,
"p.s., you're a brave man. thanks for saving my daughter."


-Zlata Malicevic*

No comments: