Friday, December 2, 2011

2012.

I woke up this morning actually i'd say more like afternoon from this crazy dream only to realize again, it wasn't a dream but was reality. I've come to my conclusions that what I fear the most are natural disasters that no one can but God can take care of.

Last night at work I was feeling under the weather, got past the customers and sucked it up to finish till it was time to go home. Instead of going straight home for once, I decided to head over to some friends place since I haven't hung out with all of them in a long time. Soon as I got there I was dead tired but managed to pull off some type of energy. Browsing through my friends computer, I saw a post on someone's tumblr about the little things we appreciate and one of them said "lighting up candles when there a black out". I didn't think anything of it other than "oh thats pretty true" then couple minutes before 12, the lights start flickering a little and so I joke around with my friend telling them why they havent paid pg&e again and they joke around saying, "yea we havent paid it in two months so the lights are going to go out at midnight". HAHA joke joke joke, no big deal. Only to happen at 12:13 am- lights flicker on and off and the whole building is pitch dark. No big deal, just a mini black out around the hood due to the mini tornado of whirlwinds outside.

So a couple of minutes later, i'm starting to get a little nervous because my roommates are starting to text me and ask me where I am and to come home. So I dropped my friend off to pick up some of his belongings and dog only to realize the whole darn south side of SJSU campus was blacked out. It didn't really hit me how freaked out I was until literally stoplights were swaying back and forth so swiftly and trees were flying EVERYWHERE and my car was being hit by a ton of gunk flying in the air. Dodging the trees felt like I was dodging dead human bodies on the floor because the trees and palm trees branches on the streets were THAT big. I get close to a block away from my house and theres a cop car just parked there with his lights on blocking off my block and I'm so confused why its parked there and I realized just as I was about to drive around it that a couple of feet away from me was the telephone wire that dropped and they were trying to put it aside. Stupid DTSJ has so many one way streets you pretty much had to go all the around down 4 blocks just to get back to my street. And thats exactly what I did except I freaked out everytime I turned into the wrong dead end street cause it was so dark. I finally got back to my house and parked and ran back to my house fighting the winds...didnt realize how pitched dark it was when I ran into a random person walking the streets that scared the HELL out of me. At this point i'm freaking out and I run into the house, my roommate is there gearing on some clothes like they were ready to go home and all the candles are lit in the house. I get down to my room and change so I can go meet up with everyone else apparently outside the house and as I get my dog, whose also freaking out because he wont move everytime I try to get him outta his side of the room, I call my roommate to help me. Only to realize, he left me too=(. Super sad, I ran upstairs and was at the verge of going crazy, thankfully....they all storm back into my house and tell me black out is cause of the wind and trees falling on the wires, etc.

So we're all hanging out in my room since its the basement and you hear less of the nightmare going on outside. And while playing cards trying to not think about whats really going down, I hear the gates creaking because of the winds blowing it half off out walls.

All in all, I've learned to realize at that moment of darkness, loneliness, sickness, and natural disaster CRAZINESS, I am more than beyond grateful for having friends who can help cure a fear by simply just being right next to me to "wait for the storm to pass". I literally woke up today and thought about how crazy that whole night was. During the craze, we drove to danville back to one of my roommates mom's place and hung out there for a bit and came back home...it seriously looked like NOTHING even went wrong two hours before. The winds calmed down and the lights were back on to normal. Cheers to good friends, good company, and nothing happening to me, loved ones, the house, and my car.

It was almost like 2012 was happening right in front of my eyes as I stood there helpless.=\


No comments: